Turn on safe and clean drinking water in your Sarasota home with a Reverse Osmosis system
Reverse Osmosis is the simple way to make sure the water you drink and use tastes great and is always free from potentially harmful contaminants like lead and arsenic.
Sarasota tap water has had its share of issues, and despite municipal treatment, contaminants and impurities can still be found across the city, varying throughout neighborhoods, and even house by house.
From safety concerns like Chromium contamination to aesthetic issues like cloudy or discolored water and odors, unpleasant water at home can impact how we use it, and even how much water we drink — impacting our long term health.
The Problem With Tap Water
Throughout Sarasota, the most problematic water issues concern water quality as well as safety. Because most of Sarasota’s tap water comes from the Peace River, the water can often take on the tastes and smells associated with treatment chemicals. These have become especially noticeable as the city works to eliminate contaminants and impurities in its surface water supply.
Even with municipal treatment, many minerals and contaminants can remain in the water. These include persistent and potentially harmful contaminants like hexavalent chromium (chromium-6), lead, and arsenic.
It’s also common for Sarasota water to be impacted by industrial and agricultural runoff — especially seasonally. Chemicals and pesticides used in nearby farms and factories can enter the river during the rainy season which impacts water quality and safety.
Purify Tap Water With Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration
The most effective way to make sure drinking water is always safe and great tasting is to use a multi-stage, reverse osmosis filter like the one in our Culligan AC-30® Drinking Water System. Reverse osmosis filtration is proven to remove contaminants like:
- excess minerals like calcium
- treatment chemicals like aesthetic chlorine
Culligan’s RO filtration systems are customized for Sarasota’s surface water system, so you get reliable, great-tasting water from the tap. In addition to providing safe drinking water at home, RO systems can also save you money by removing the need for single-use water bottles or pitcher filters that don’t always provide the level of filtration needed to solve Sarasota’s specific water problems.
Culligan’s Reverse Osmosis drinking water systems are also designed to fit a variety of kitchens — from modern finishes to timeless designs — so you can find the RO system that’s right for your home.
RO System Highlights
- Multi-stage, customized filtration treats water right in your kitchen.
- Complete, hassle-free installation and service from your local Culligan.
- Flexible designs and varieties of finishes match all kinds of kitchens and configurations.
- Available mineral boost cartridges can add beneficial minerals back into Sarasota water for great-tasting, pH-balanced water, that’s great for you.
Your Sarasota Culligan representative always installs your Reverse Osmosis System and provides routine maintenance and servicing to ensure its efficiency and longevity. We’re with you every step of the way to safer, better water, easily.
Culligan Reverse Osmosis System Product Overview
Water quality can differ from town to town and even within the same municipality. With this in mind, Culligan developed the innovative under-the-sink Culligan Aqua-Cleer®, one of our most advanced filtration systems ever. The Aqua-Cleer utilizes a wide range of specialized filtration cartridges to tailor the water treatment process to your individual home's water and the contaminants that may be in it. This allows you to experience the enhanced taste and performance of Culligan's smart water filtration. It's like have a bottled water company under your sink!
Thirteen advanced filter options provide comprehensive filtration for water problems such as lead, radium, chlorine, and arsenic.
- Maintenance-free design handled by your Culligan Service Technician who takes care of everything including installation, filter changes, and filter disposal.
- Designer faucets available in a variety of styles, colors, and finishes to match your kitchen.
- Large-capacity, high-quality reservoir tanks ensure you always have plenty of Culligan drinking water available.
- Space-saving, streamlined design so the Aqua-Cleer® System can be conveniently installed in a variety of locations.
- Quality monitoring with an exclusive electronic monitor that ensures your system is working properly.
*contaminants may not be in your water
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I have heard a lot about Chromium 6 in drinking water in the news. What is Chromium 6 and can Culligan equipment filter out Chromium 6?
Yes, chromium six (or hexavalent chromium) has recently been discovered in limited amounts in some water supplies. Chromium six is suspected of being a carcinogen, and should not be ingested at amounts above the federally mandated limits. We have never been alarmists, but if you are concerned about the quality of the water you drink, you might want to consider a reverse osmosis system. Reverse Osmosis is the only readily available system that removes up to 97% of chromium six.
2. What is Reverse Osmosis (R.O.)?
Reverse osmosis is a sophisticated multi-stage filtration system that is capable of removing up to 97% of all the dissolved minerals from your water. It is designed to make water that is at least as good as the water you buy in bottles. Many times, it’s even better. This reduces waste in landfills by using less bottled water, making reverse osmosis environmentally friendly.
3. Is Reverse Osmosis water really as good as bottled?
Yes - The system uses multiple processes including Reverse Osmosis to make great tasting, low sodium drinking water. Reverse Osmosis removes about 97% of the TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) including salt and sodium from the water. Read the labels on bottled water and you will discover Reverse Osmosis is the same process used by most bottlers ... so in effect ... you really are getting ... "bottled water ... without the bottle".
4. I already have a filter in my refrigerator? Why do I need anything else?
Refrigerator filters are typically just carbon, and while carbon filtered water is better than no treatment at all, it is limited in what it can remove. Only reverse osmosis is capable of removing dissolved minerals and chemicals from your water.